The most expensive food in the world — The Village
The world of the rich and famous attracts many of us. Rich lead the lifestyle that many of us want to do, and they do what many only dream of. The same applies to food, they can try what ever, you may not be able to try us. I offer a list of “the world’s Most expensive foods, most expensive drinks, desserts and spices.”
So let us begin:
1. Saffron, a spice grown worldwide, is derived from the flowers of saffron. To produce a pound of dry saffron (0.45 kg) requires 50000-70000 flowers, it is comparable to a football field. Require great expense and labor, the price of spice from US$ 500 to US$ 5,000 per pound (US$ 1100–US$11000 per kilogram).
2. The most expensive potato in the world – French, “La Bonnotte”. Annually, only 100 tons of high-quality potatoes are grown and harvested only on the island Noirmoutier. Potato fields only require fertilizer seaweed growing in a climate that formed nearby the sea. The cost of one kilogram can reach 500 €, since this type of potato is almost extinct.
3. The most expensive nut in the world is the Macadamia nut. The Macadamia tree begins to bear fruit only after 7 to 10 years after planting, it requires fertile soil and a large number of heavy rains. This nut has a very hard seed, but once it is revealed, you receive a creamy white kernel containing 80% oil and 4% sugar. The cost of a kilogram of these nuts exceeds 30$.
4.The most expensive mushroom in the world is the white truffle. The origin of this fungus takes from the Langhe region, Piedmont region in Northern Italy, it can reach 12 cm in diameter and weight up to 500 grams. These truffles are sold at a amazing price of 2,000 € and 4,000 € per kg (1350 $ – 2700 $ per pound). The record price for this fungus was paid last year, in December, when Stanley Ho, Macau casino owner paid 330 000 $ for 1.5 kilogr
6. The most expensive beef in the world is Wagyu beef cows. These Japanese cows are fed the best grass and provided the best care possible. This is why marble the meat of these cows are extremely gentle, extremely expensive. In Europe 200 gram fillet is worth more than $100.
7. The most expensive sandwich in the world is the Club Sandwich from Essen aka von Essen Platinum. This three-storey delicacy contains selected chicken, ham, hard-boiled eggs ‘quails’ and white truffles. Currently sold at Cliveden, Berkshire. The chicken (poulet de Bresse) referred to “the fourth gastronomic wonder of the world”, decorated with white truffles and sold over thousands of pieces per month. Calories 1182 calories and 1.8 oz of fat, It’s not the most healthy dish, but one of the most expensive. The cost of 100 pounds (45.4 kg) – almost 200 $.
8. The most expensive pizza valued at 8300 € and it can be tasted in Italy. Pizza with lots of caviar, lobster, diameter 20 cm In the stay of the whole process of cooking pizza is topped with Louis XIII Remy Martin.
9. The most expensive omelette you can taste in the restaurant the Le Parker Meridien in new York. An omelet for$ 1000 consists of a 10 oz sevrugina caviar, a whole lobster, and six eggs. If you make this omelet at home, it will cost only 700 $.
10. To anything now candy now one of the most expensive desserts is served at Serendipity 3, a popular restaurant in Uptown Manhattan. Ice cream sundae for $ 1000 was put into the menu of the restaurant in 2004 and got into the Guinness book of records as the most expensive dessert. It consists of 5 balls of ice cream Tahitian vanilla, Madagascar vanilla, 23 Karat edible gold leaf and one of the most expensive chocolates in the world Amedei Porceleana.
11. The tastiest and most expensive chocolate in the world is Chocopologie by Knipschildt. $2,600 per pound (0.45 kg), this chocolate truffle is made to order. It contains a black truffle and 70% Valrhona cacao.
12. The most finest and expensive coffee in the world Kopi Luwak. This coffee comes from the Indonesian island of Sumatra, the annual production of about 500 pounds of beans. That is why the price is arbitrary – from 300$ and above.
13. The real record of the most expensive tea in the world set Chinese tea Tieguanyin, which costs 700 yuan (us $ 3,000) per kilo (2 lb and 3 oz) approximately 8.50 per yuan (15 $) for one Cup.
14. The most expensive tea in the bags was manufactured for the PG company, to celebrate its 75-year anniversary. Manually decorated with 280 diamonds, these bags are made to remind people how much they like British Cup of tea, costs £7500. 15. The most expensive champagne in the world is Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque Blanc de Blanc, made of specially selected grapes, sold in manually painted bottles, the price tag is $1,500.
16. The most expensive Scotch in the world Macallan Fine Rare Vintage. The whole world is released only 85 bottles, with 30 years of exposure. The price is for 1 bottle of $38,000!
17. Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum is the strongest rum in the world, bottled in 1940. Only four bottles of the precious liquid each is estimated at 53 000 $.
18. The most expensive cocktail in the world, “Diamonds-Are-Forever”, has no special components. The only justification that the price tag of €11,000, is that the olive is replaced with a diamond in the 1.6-carats. Served in the Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo.
19. The most expensive beer in the world costs about 500£ (about 1 000 $) per bottle and is called Vielle Bon Secours. You can find it only in the bar Bierdrome, London.